You guys, I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be starting this adventure. I have always loved to write but it’s not something I’ve ever even thought of pursuing before. I am just so thankful for a husband who really listens to me and encourages me to live out my dreams. Also, for him to know me even better than I know myself sometimes. He’s been encouraging my writing even before I realized that it was something that I really enjoyed.
I am a BIG planner. I don’t feel like I’ve always been this way but ever since I’ve gotten married, this has definitely increased! I am most successful when I’ve made lists and when I have a plan in place. So with that being said, I’ve created some lists for you to get to know me.
10 Things About Me
1.I strive to love Jesus above all else, including my family. I fully believe this is what we are called to do and I know from personal experience that whenever my relationship with my creator is where it should be, all other aspects of my life go so much better. I can love my husband and daughter more fully when I love my God first!
2. I am a wife to my wonderful and amazing husband, Brad. We met on a blind date back in 2011 and we had our rough patches but overall it was pretty smooth sailing from there! He is my best friend and the love of my life. He is extremely passionate about life and is a dreamer. He is an entrepreneur at heart and I try to encourage him to follow his dreams. I feel like just yesterday we got married but at the same time I can’t remember my life without him. He challenges me and loves me deeply. Marriage is far from easy but it is most definitely worth it!
3. Last February we had our sweet little girl, Sadie. She is just the best thing that has ever happened to us! She is walking up a storm and keeps us on our toes. She is full of personality and just brings us so much joy. She is not shy and pretty much loves everyone she encounters. She is definitely her mama’s girl and will snuggle up with me in the mornings. One of my favorite times with her is when she wakes up from her naps. I will pick her up and she’ll just lay her head on my shoulder for a little while before she is ready to get down. She just absolutely melts my heart. Being a mom is the best thing ever and I find myself extremely blessed to be able to stay at home with her. Which brings me to number 4.
4. I am a stay at home mom. This is quite seriously the best job! I 100% chose this “job” and have not regretted this decision once. I love being able to love on my little girl all day long. I am able to watch her grow and learn. I get to play with her and read her books all day long. I’ve been able to take her to the park, the pool, the zoo and on weekly play dates with her friends (and mine) and with her cousin and grandma. This is the perfect life for me!
5. Throwing it back a ways…I found out about the sport of volleyball in the 8th grade. I fell in love with this sport from the beginning. I was never the best, but I truly enjoyed playing and watching this sport. I was on club teams and played almost year round for several years. When I graduated from high school, I ended up attending a small Christian university that did not have volleyball when I started. After my first semester they ended up starting a Varsity and JV team. I played for the JV team and my coach recommended me to the high school coach to coach the JV team at the high school. This was such an amazing experience for me. I was able to coach a great group of girls and found that coaching is so fun! I even ran my own tournament while coaching. That was such a crazy experience and I loved every minute of it. Oh and to top that off, my girls won the whole tournament! I was one proud coach!
6. I got my teaching degree from Northwest Missouri State University. GO BEARCATS!!!! I went on to teach 6th grade for 1 year and 4th grade for 2 years in a suburb of Kansas City. It’s actually the school district that I grew up in so I ended up teaching with quite a few teachers who taught me at one point!
7. For my 24th birthday, Brad got me skydiving as my present. It was the craziest and coolest thing I think I’ve ever done (besides having a child). Not gonna lie, if I wasn’t attached to a professional jumper there would have been NO WAY that I would have jumped out of that plane. Holy moly….mind blowing! I am incredibly glad that I did it but am perfectly fine to never do it again.
8. This past October I ran my first (and if I have my way, last) half marathon. Team World Vision came to my church and talked with all of us about raising money and awareness for the children in Africa who have to walk about 3 miles one way to get gross and disgusting water for their families. These children miss out on school and they get diseases from the disgusting water. My heart was truly moved and I felt that God was calling me to join the other 300 people from our church to run. Overall, I ended up raising enough money to save 14 lives and it was truly the experience of a lifetime. It was hard and challenging but I am so thankful that I did it. I should also mention that my amazing mama and husband ran the half marathon with me. We all completed it and I’m so proud of us!
9. On our first anniversary, Brad and I got our very first pet together. We picked up our little Ella Bear in Iowa the weekend after our anniversary. She is such a loving and energetic dog. She is a great snuggler and I love her to pieces. I can’t imagine our life without her. She is truly an amazing dog and is AMAZING with Sadie. I just know they are going to be the best of friends!
10. The biggest thing in our lives right now is that we are part of a church plant. The name of our church is the Grove and we are located in the Northland of Kansas City. This has been such an incredible journey. At times, I’ve doubted whether we were supposed to be a part of this but God would always (and still does) remind me that this is exactly where he has called us to be. The challenges have been so good and I’ve grown so much. I am incredibly thankful for all of the wonderful people who are a part of the church plant. I truly enjoy spending time with them weekly and “doing life” with them, as we like to call it. These people are amazing and doing something for God’s Kingdom together is an amazing blessing.
Things I Love:
Family walks on beautiful days.
Quiet time in the morning before Sadie wakes up. I drink my coffee, read my Bible and spend time in prayer with my faithful and loving God.
Quality time with my friends and family/real and honest conversations with them.
One on one time with my husband. I love the conversations that we have.
Watching our Sadie girl learn and grow. She is constantly learning something new and it’s incredible to try to see things through her eyes.
I love, love, love watching her laugh. It is the most joyful noise I’ve ever heard.
Watching Brad and Sadie together.
Estes Park, CO. My favorite place in the United States.
A good book that captures my attention and draws me in from the very get go. I love when it’s a struggle to put it down.
Growing and finding out who I am, especially now that I’m a mom and wife. There is something to learn about myself every day.
Being a wife and mama!
I’ve created this blog as a place for me to come and fellowship with other people. I am an extrovert and sometimes being a stay at home mom doesn’t allow for a lot of other adult time. I love to write and so after much discussion, Brad and I decided that I would create my own blog. I am excited to use my passion for writing and my passion for people to develop this space. I hope you love it as much as I do and that we can all grow together. So grab your favorite latte, a comfy chair and let’s enjoy some fellowship!